Friday, August 29, 2008

Leaving Today!


Wv holds some wonderful memories for me! This is the place that I spent 14 years of my life! No matter where I live I think I will always feel like I am going home when I head for the hills of WV. Not saying that I would ever want to live there again, but there is just a feeling that I can't explain when I start seeing familiar landmarks that I remember from my childhood. Then when I arrive at the last home I ever shared with my dad, the memories just overwhelm me. It's like I just went on a trip and left him there and he's going to be waiting for me. I wouldn't trade the memories I have for the world! Going to Wv for me is more than just a trip or a nice vacation spot. For me it's the place that holds all the memories of my precious daddy! Almost Heaven West Virginia!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

I get the same kind of feeling, even though I grew up in VA. Way to go with the little trim (Hunter)! :-) Drives me nuts when people won't cut little boys' hair "until he's one" and he looks like a girl!!!

Sorry we missed you at camp. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bren...i know what you mean about WV...i love it too! that might actually be for a different reason tho... :-D